Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Oven Roasted Vegetables


1 medium zucchini, cut into bite-size pieces
1 medium summer squash, cut into bite-size pieces
1 medium red bell pepper, cut into bite-size pieces
1 medium yellow bell pepper, cut into bite-size pieces
1 pound fresh asparagus, cut into bite-size pieces
1 red onion, cut into bite-size pieces
3 Tbls extra-virgin olive oil
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp freshly ground pepper


Heat oven to 450. Place the zucchini, squash, peppers, asparagus, and onion in a large bowl. Toss with the olive oil, salt, and pepper to mix and coat. Spread in a single layer in on a cookie sheet. Roast for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables are lightly browned and tender.

Serves 4

**This time I used red, orange, and yellow peppers and a sweet onion instead of a red onion. I also doubled the recipe. I haven't tried it yet, but I think it would be delish with Italian Dressing as the sauce instead of the oil, salt, and pepper.

2 comments:

onehm said...

OH. YUM.
I'm drooling all over my keyboard...

Anonymous said...

This looks wonderful, thank you for the recipe. Definitely going to try this one!!! Net