I LOVE Cream of Mushroom soup. I found some that was really good in a can...then they either quit making it or the stores I've been to quit carrying it. So I went in search to find my own. It had to be delicious and EASY and I found it! So here it is for you.
Cream of Mushroom Soup
2 cans (7 oz. net wt. each, 4 oz. drained) mushroom stems and pieces, drained, liquid reserved
1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter or margarine
2 Tbls. chopped onion
1/4 cup flour
1 tsp. seasoned salt
1 can (12 oz.) evaporated milk
Add water to mushroom liquid to make 2 cups. Chop mushrooms.
Melt butter in large saucepan over medium heat. Add onion and cook until tender. Remove from heat. Whisk in flour and seasoned salt; return to heat. Whisk in mushroom liquid mixture, evaporated milk, and mushrooms. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture comes to a boil.
Serves 4
Mmm Mmm Good!
No comments:
Post a Comment